Technology is revolutionizing the experience event managers can offer to the consumer each and everyday. Some of the technological trends the MICE industry will witness in the next 5 years are:
- Increased demand for Custom Modular Booths
With the way trends are going, it is more about creating engaging experiences for your consumers at your booth and what better way to do this by first attracting them to it through having an outstanding setup.
- Having engaging ways to interact with people while they are at your booth. For example :
- The izone Macrider Challenge as shown below.
- Having a unique dress code or element of uniqueness at your booth e.g. An outstanding Cultural element in Kenya would be having a Massai warrior at your booth, for instance, to welcome guests to your stand
- Embracing memorable merchandise as giveaways for your visitors
- Increased use of surveys to measure the impact of the event and also for the impact the event had for the exhibitors.
- Use of AR and VR for engagement.
In summary,the critical trends that may be foreseen in the future are:
- Embedding of a social element to MICE (for instance by having different brands do cocktails and somehow compete to see who attracts the most attendees)
- Use of Barcode and QR readers especially for attendee tags (Digital Tag) which will allow the conferences to get rid of registration books
- Increase in the number of food vendors at these conferences