About the role
The Account Executive will help identify business opportunities and market the company with a view of contributing to revenue generation for the company.
- Support correspondence and engagement between the agency and its clients, and represent the client at internal meetings.
- Work with the Account Manager to retain and grow number of clients to achieve the company’s strategic goals
- Attend client meetings when required, and support the interpretation and delivery of client briefs as per agency standards and client goals.
- Support the implementation of client retention and acquisition plans to achieve set targets.
- Achieve set individual and team revenue targets.
- Track allocated costs and assigned budgets to ensure client work is delivered within approved budgets
- Work closely within the Client Service Team to ensure products and solutions are structured to meet clients’ specifications as per client briefs or requests received.
- Support day-to-day client service operations and manage assigned accounts under the Manager’s supervison.
- Address or promptly escalate any client needs or challenges, consulting as required
- Support the Client Service team in managing clients’ projects to ensure they are executed and delivered as agreed with the clients.
- Generate and support after-sales follow-up to maintain the client account and acquire back-ends arising from the project and client relationship.
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education, and after-sales support services.
- Ensure company set goals for acquisition on new business are achieved.
- Work proactively to acquire new clients
- Identify and secure long term and retainer revenue accounts for the business.
- Develop target clients and specific strategies to secure new business.
- Carrying out market research to understanding existing and emerging market trends.
- Fully understand all client products, services and brands.
- Maintain good network to consistently stay updated with what is in the market
- Train and support new account executives as they join the agency.
Key performance indicators
- Drive and achieve set revenue targets.
- Build and retain strong collaborative client relationships.
- Pursue and explore new business and client opportunities through effective business development channels.
- Conduct effective market research to keep the agency and its solutions in step with its clients, and competitors
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 1 year experience in business development, sales, or account management in the marketing, software or creative industry
- A business-related degree
- Basic knowledge of with CRM software, survey or billing tools
- Understanding of sales performance measurement metrics
- Passion for client service and project management
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- Ability to
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Display empathy and emotional intelligence
- Negotiate, and build relationships
- Understand tactical and strategic marketing plans
- Think on your feet and solve problems
- Work effectively in teams
- Juggle multiple assignments and handle pressure effectively