About the role
The Account Manager will be the primary contact between the agency and its clients and shall be responsible for interpretation of client briefs to achieve both the agency and client goals. The Account Manager will identify business opportunities and market the company by developing and maintaining strong customer relationships, with a view of contributing to revenue generation for the company and ensuring excellent project execution for clients.
- Act as the primary contact between the agency and its clients, and represent the client at internal meetings.
- Work with the client service manager to retain and grow number of clients to achieve the company’s strategic goals
- Accurately interpret client briefs, and deliver projects as per agency standarrds and client goals.
- Implement Client Retention and Acquisition Strategy to achieve set targets.
- Achievement of set individual and team revenue targets.
- Track allocated budgets to ensure client work is delivered within approved budgets and cost
- Work closely within the Client Service Team to ensure products and solutions are structured to meet clients’ specifications as per client briefs or requests received.
- Manage and address day-to-day client needs
- Ensure clients’ needs are met satisfactorily
- Managing the clients’ projects to ensure they are executed and delivered as agreed with the clients.
- After-sales follow-up to maintain the client account and acquire back-ends arising from the project and client relationship.
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education, and after-sales support services.
- Ensure company set goals for acquisition on new business are achieved.
- Work proactively to acquire new clients
- Identify and secure long term and retainer revenue accounts for the business.
- Develop target clients and specific strategies to secure new business.
- Carrying out market research to understanding existing and emerging market trends.
- Fully understand all client products, services and brands.
- Maintain good network to consistently stay updated with what is in the market
- Recruiting and training new account executives on a needs basis
Key performance indicators
- Drive and achieve set revenue targets.
- Build and retain strong collaborative client relationships.
- Pursue and explore new business and client opportunities through effective business development channels.
- Conduct effective market research to keep the agency and its solutions in step with its clients, and competitors.
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 3 years’ experience in business development, sales, or account management in the marketing, software or creative industry
- A business-related degree
- Experience working with CRM software, Survey and billing tools
- A good understanding of sales performance metrics
- Experience with client relationship and project management
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Attention to detail ability to follow instructions
- Ability to
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Display empathy and emotional intelligence
- Negotiate, and build relationships
- Think strategically and solve problems
- Work effectively in teams
- Juggle multiple clients and accounts, and handle pressure effectively